Saturday, November 10, 2012

I have old lady hips

"Love is like a bomb, baby, come on get it on!"




I'm exhausted on several levels. Just back from an awesome trip to Hong Kong. Went to Disneyland for the first time in my almost 23 years of life. It was just as magical as I thought it would be! I bought the Minnie Mouse ears and rode the Cinderella Carousel and I've never been happier in my life. 

Made myself a playlist of old rock music on the flight (which is what inspired the opening line) and listened to it for 6 hours. After listening to ACDC and Def Leppard and Black Sabbath and Guns'n'Roses and Queen and all of that, I just thought 'what's happened to music?'

Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj and One Direction just doesn't seem to measure up. I had a great time just bathing in good music. Food wasn't so much a problem, I walked all day, everyday and didn't stuff my face like I thought I would. Still, I am constipated and I have a food baby so I'm too scared to weigh myself. All in all I think I'm pretty much the same as when I left. I'm desperately hoping to lose weight when I start work in a week's time. 

After 3 straight days of walking and a miserable 10 hour flight with lots of tossing and turning, my right hip feels terrifically unstable. Like it's going to dislocate at any moment. And my back is aching. I'm not yet 23 and my body is already falling apart. Sometimes I tell myself that it's because I'm so lazy and fat that it's too heavy for me to carry around. 

Hip and back troubles. I'm such an old lady. All I need is some gin and some stairs and then the transformation will be complete. I have no idea how I am going to walk up stairs, across a stage and down stairs tomorrow in towering platform stilettos but I shall definitely let you know if I end up face planting in front of my entire class. 

Meanwhile I am preparing myself for work and for impending weight loss. Hoping that my too small clothes will finally fit me! I would love to have clothes hang off me. Everything feels too fat. Makes me wonder if I will ever feel skinny? I don't even know what it might feel like to be skinny. Does it feel glorious? Does it feel better than sex? Does it feel better than the taste of hot buttered toast with clotted cream and jam? 

No comments:

Post a Comment