Sunday, August 11, 2013

fat and wildly confused

"You've got your reputation and your good intent."


I'm halfway through my 2 weeks of WONDERFUL leave. I cannot say how good it is just to not be at the hospital. To be able to sleep late and sleep in. I wish I had some friends on holiday too, but hey, I will take whatever I can get. Been to Melbourne, shopped up a storm. Came back. Went skiing. Fell down lots but the weather was great and I had a lot of fun. 

And at this point I should offer a sincere apology for 1. being so absent of late and 2. being such a good for nothing fatass. And I mean that. F-A-T A-S-S. 

I am too scared to weigh myself because damn, I ate like a pig pig pig pig in Melbourne, and fuck it, my clothes feel fucking tight. I can't believe I'm not willingly starving myself. I must be stress eating. Swear to God this is stress eating. The hot cop is stressing me out.

This whole thing with the cop is fucking with my head so much that I almost want to just chuck in the towel so I don't have to deal with it. The only reason I haven't done that yet is because it is so obviously the coward's way out. Giving up something that could be great just because I'm scared to deal with old demons. 

But they are seriously fucking with my head. Old demons that I never thought I would need to hear again, old demons that I thought I had buried a long, long time ago. 

(I've had this blog going for a while now, and I don't know how many of you have been with me from the very start, so apologies if I am repeating myself here.)

It's no secret that my parents and I have almost never seen eye to eye. But things were a lot worse when I was younger. I started cutting when I was about 13 or 14 years old. That was around the time thing started going wrong with dad. I can't even remember what I did, but he was always mad at me. I was never good enough. No matter how hard I studied, I was always too dumb for him, no matter what I did, I was too fat. 

Every day he would tell me that I had to study more. I needed my brains, I needed to be smart because I needed an asset. He told me that I was so fat and ugly and utterly unattractive that no man could ever want me. He told me that everyday from about the ages of 13 to 18. Wow. Didn't realise until now that it was 5 years! 

At any rate, his point was that because I was so physically repulsive, I had to be smart to get a good job so that I could support myself. Because obviously I would end up alone and hideous. Or, if I became rich enough, some man might eventually want me for my money. On some level, I believe it was a twisted joke and just his unique way of trying to motivate me to study, but it has since become my reality. 

To this day, and probably forever more, I believe that I am so hideously unattractive that no man could ever want me. It is part of me, I have come to accept it, and years ago I made peace with the fact that I will never be in a relationship. That was just a part of life that wasn't meant for me, and that is okay. 

I didn't really think about it again for a long time. But now there is the hot cop. And my brain is hard out short circuiting all of a sudden. He is by no means perfect (but who is), but he is a really, really good guy. Why the fuck does he want to spend time with me? Since we started seeing each other, I have been trying to find the loophole. He wants to be with me because...he has a short, fat, boring Asian girl fetish?...he was desperately in love with his ex and I was an easy rebound?...he is actually evil and will abuse me because I deserve it?...there must be a loophole! 

I can't reconcile that a great guy like him would want me for just me. And so I'm always on guard, and I'm always non-commital because fuck it, even though this is nothing, I will still be upset when it ends. And the more emotionally involved I am, the more unstable I will be afterwards. It's all self preservation. 

Nothing makes sense to me anymore. A fundamental part of my being is being questioned and I'm hating it. 

If no man could ever want me, then what the fuck does he want with me? 

And the answer isn't even sex. If we were having crazy monkey sex every night and he was booty calling me all the time I would be like, okay, I get it. I'm the rebound girl and he just wants sex. And that would be fine. I am absolutely okay with being thought of as nothing but convenience. I would just wait patiently for him to find a girl he likes and then leave me. 

But it isn't that! Why can't it just be that simple! The whole sex thing is making everything worse. I wish he was using me for sex, but he's not. I never tell him when it hurts but I must have the worst poker face in the world because he always seems to know when it does. And he'll stop, cuddle me, tell me that it'll be okay and that with time, it'll get less sore and I'll enjoy it. At this point my terrible poker face will betray the fact that I feel guilty for him stopping. To which his response is always that we'll go slow, he knows I'm not ready to do any more, and that he really doesn't want to hurt me.

After a survey of my girlfriends, I've come to the conclusion that the above reaction, stopping mid-sex to do that is just unheard of. So much so that he's probably an alien. 

He's not even getting sex out of this, so what the hell is he getting out of it! I mean, I don't have the time to properly spend time with him. I live with domineering parents so I can never stay the night at his place, no matter how much he wants me to. I work so much that I'm always tired. I can't even properly fuck him. Why the fuck does he still want to see me? 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh whenever you talk about the hospital im just like - oh there's me in the future! ...fuck. xD
    but honestly I bet you have some interesting stories to tell x3
    when I read Melbourne I always accidentally nearly type it as Melbin
    you were never a fatass dammit woman
    whenever I see your height and your stats on your page, i'm just like: SAM. THAT'S YOU. GET THERE. you honestly make me want to weigh like 55 kilos. fuck me. that means I have to lose another 10 kilos.
    :( oh no. when a relation induces anxiety - I can tell you that's never good.
    sfpskgpskgs
    i'm sorry baby i'm not a stranger to stress-induced anxiety at all ugh
    fuck high expectations - it's so typical isn't it? sdfkspgks
    fucking hell - he's an ass. that's so wrong, honey. there are some men out there that would PAY to be with you. everybody is someone's attractive. everybody is someone's thin. everybody's is someone's perfect. you just have to find that someone I guess
    oh what parents do to motivate their child to study
    really
    it's disgusting
    like you said - he's not perfect but he's a really, really good guy.
    you're just the same gorgeous. you're a really really good girl.
    don't be looking for that. he wants to be with you because he wants to be with you. it's as simple as that. he's a man.
    he wants to see you because you interest him. there's nothing more than that.
    honestly, Rachel to most people is probably a very typical girl but I cannot see that when i'm with her. you're just blinded by your need to know everything about someone - you don't care what they look like, or anything. they aren't even a person anymore. they're just this little niche you created for yourself that you can turn to when everyone else isn't there.
    that's what it is.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should never think that you are unattractive because that is just silly! Further, we look different as we age. Sometimes age can be a good thing!

    Stay strong and you can get through this too. And with the cop, you know what's right deep down. If it is something about the cop that you don't like, and possibly bringing up the demons, then maybe it isn't right. However, if you know that it is something you need to overcome and want to be with the cop, then I say lay it all out on the table and go for it. Not many people have love, and if you do, then you are special!

    ReplyDelete