Monday, August 22, 2011

black swan diet and clinical nutrition

Well, since I'm technically on holiday I see no reason to not post on here. I still can't believe that I still have followers and people reading this blog on a regular basis considering the sparsity with which I post on it. I'm sorry for not doing constant posts like before, after not having constant internet, I'm used to only posting once in a blue moon. I do try to make up for it by posting longer posts which hopefully keep you all well entertained.

Here is something that I've always believed, but never really talked about. I will never ever be able to date someone who is thinner than me. For me, the shame in that is too much to bear. I'm sure there are plenty of nice guys who are thinner than me. I'm sure they would make good boyfriends. But to think that he'd be thinner than me...that is SO WRONG!!!! I'm saying this because there is this guy, one of my friends and flatmates, AC, he's been showing some interest in me lately. Now lots of people think I'm emotionally retarded when it comes to stuff about relationships, but let's just say that it's obvious enough for me to notice it. If any of you are interested in details just ask and I will provide! But for now, onwards. See, AC, we get along to varying degrees but there is no doubt in my mind that he would be a good boyfriend. But he's thinner than me. He's taller than me and weighs 5kg or more less than me. It's so depressing. He's so thin. It's not a look I like on guys, but I could never live with myself if I ever dated someone who was thinner than me.

This might be a really sexist opinion, but I think that in a heterosexual relationship, the girl should be smaller than the guy. Not only that, she should be smaller by a decent amount. Like, visibly much smaller than the guy. Shorter, thinner. That to me looks good in a couple. She should still be shorter even when wearing platform pumps. But height is one of those things we can't control. But weight, that's a different story. She should be much thinner. Which for me is an issue. I can't ever even begin to think about dating until I'm sure I'm thin enough to be thinner than all the guys I know.

And onto my new fav thinspiration girl. I love Mila Kunis. What she says is true. She said people who say they can't lose weight are liars. And that's true. They're just not trying hard enough. Mila knows where it's at! She is the same height as me and she got down to 43kg for Black Swan, which is apparently 9kg lighter than what she normally is. I thought she looked absolutely amazing in Black Swan. As does Natalie Portman. My only criticism is that to my eyes, they would look even better if they lost a few more pounds. But I realise that I have skinny vision and that most other people would feel that they already look too thin. Apparently the Black Swan diet is great, although, knowing that they danced 8hr a day to train for this movie, it makes me think that much of the weight loss is the 8hr of dancing as opposed to the diet. Nevertheless, the Black Swan diet is 1200 calories a day, which is usually nothing for breakfast or dinner, and a salad and nuts and fruit for lunch. I would never rubbish it. But for fast weight loss it'll need exercise is all I'm saying.




I have a diet plan that I hope to be following the next few weeks. After a clinical nutrition lecture I have gathered the following: rapid weight loss is from no carb, lots of vege and a bit of protein diets. Even though this sort of diet will increase your chances of dying. But seriously, I don't think I'd care if I dropped dead from some heart arrhythmia and if I lose the weight it's worth it. I've also learned that thermogenesis is important. This is the energy the body uses to digest food and this is actually a decent amount of energy. This is why people who eat many little meals during the day lose weight fast.

So based on that I'm going to try this: 6 small meals, of all negative calorie foods. Negative calorie foods are foods that use up more energy being digested than the actual number of calories it contains. There are lots of negative calorie foods such as: asparagus, eggplant, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, tomato, celery, apple, orange, strawberry, cucumber, watercress, leek, lettuce, capsicum, spinach and lots more!

Mind you, that is the number of calories of the food when it's raw or just like, boiled so if we go smother it with sauce then the number of calories shoots up. A wee bit of seasoning wouldn't go amiss though.

I also learned that while 30mins of exercise 3 times a week is good for cardiovascular health, at least 1hour of exercise each day is needed for any sort of weight loss. So, that diet plus 1hour of exercise per day should see me losing some weight. I'm not sure if I can keep up the exercise but the dieting should be easy to do. Might even give the cabbage soup diet a try.

Wow, so that's a longish post. I hope you all enjoy it and that you might've got some diet ideas from it!


No comments:

Post a Comment