Thursday, December 19, 2013

chase and status

"Can you feel my heart is beating..."

So my weight has been static. My fridge is full of juice, diet coke and chilled water and fat free yoghurt. I am so sticking to this...except when I go out. Which is a lot this holiday season. I'm eating out a lot. Can't wait for it to be over so that I can just hike myself up at home, drink lots and go to the gym. Surely that will make me lose weight. Surely. 

Another venture that I have started (on the advice of an old surgical boss) is online dating. He made a very good point to me, if I don't go out much to meet people, and I don't want to date another doctor, and I don't do any online dating, then how exactly do I plan on meeting anyone? Now, when we were having this conversation I was blind drunk on champagne, wine, port and tequila, but somehow in my miserable and hung over state, I remembered it. And the more I thought about it sober, the more I got the point.

Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Never thought I'd take dating advice from a boss though! Went on a date with a guy yesterday. It was just so bizarre, an online profile morphing into a human. He seemed nice enough and I would like to see him again but I don't know how he felt about it, about me. In a really twisted way, I am so über vulnerable right now that it makes me feel really ill. So I'll that I don't much feel like eating. So that's good! I shall keep this up! 


2 comments:

  1. when i read fat free yoghurt, i just laughed because i just had that! along with 3 dates and Splenda (because i have a sugar tolerance of a sad, sad person).
    OH let's date ;D
    i think S. tried online dating once and she had to describe her body type. that was just the worst sfsgksg
    'an online profile morphing into a human' oh. that's just amazing. i met S. online before i met her on person. it just feels like the more i talk to someone, the closer i am that it's just the more beautiful someone is! they feel like a dream sometimes. it's grand.
    awwwwwwwww angel x
    take care of yourself! i do not approve of low intakes but what can i do? i get it.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about online dating, and I don't even have as strict of a schedule as you. Right now my life is mind fucked, and a relationship might not be helpful in the least.

    I wish you the best on the foodness; I've noticed that I'm becoming a bit of a gross person lately in respect to my eating habits. I've been eating the wrong stuff, then starving myself, and I'm not losing any weight. I hope you have more luck, that food can't make you fat if you don't over eat it.

    ReplyDelete