Thursday, May 24, 2012

didn't want a day without you but somehow I've lived through another one

And the heart she feared frozen still beats and marches on. 




Each night I sit and listen to the old brag of my heart. I am. I am. I am. The dullness echoes through me and once again it is the only thing to fill me. How can I feel so empty when I am chock full of food. It seems ironic. The more I eat, the more empty I feel. The more I starve, the more full I get. 

Like a tsunami tide that chills to the very core of me, it bursts forth from the pits of my stomach and sweeps through to my extremities and it makes me hyperextend everything. Then it becomes so cold that it all starts to burn and I coil into a ball. Coil into a ball and savour the warmth. 

Pain and nuture mixing together, mingling into a cacophony of sensation, a weird LSD trip of a soundtrack to the flood of images flickering behind my eyes. Ribs showing, hip bones sticking out, a waist small enough to wrap my hands around, a gap between the thighs, slender gazelle legs, collarbones as sharp as razor blades and concavities everywhere. 

I don't want the touch or love of another person. I don't want the success of a medical career. I don't want anything anymore. Just thinness. That's all I want. Surely it's not too much to ask for. 

I hate myself for wanting food. I hate myself when I feel faint. I just want to lock myself in a room with a set of scales and a computer and be by myself to get thin. Wallow in my own bell jar. 

Then I think of the professor. And the warmth that I find in his embrace. The safety I find in his voice. The joy I find in his company. Is it enough? 

No. Love is not enough. 

3 comments:

  1. Judith my darling. I am so sorry I have been such a failure of a friend lately, but I have been so busy working, despite this however you have continued to be the most supportive, encouraging person and I really need to say thank you for that. I will be catching up on your blog SOON. And I can't wait to meet you later in the year. All my love Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly written, you have a talent with words. You also seem a bit down, are you alright? *hug* Please don't beat yourself up. I hope you have a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete