Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the peace in fasting

I have never been one for fasting. I'm not good at it, it gives me big, big headaches and my tummy rumbles loud enough for everyone to hear. Up until now I have not been able to fast for longer than a day.

Today is my second day fasting.

It might sound like much but for me this is huge. I've always thought that I was too weak to fast and that there was no way I could go a whole day without giving in to temptation or without feeling so hungry that I would have had to eat. But fasting for 2 days just proves to myself that I am perfectly capable of having enough self control fast. And fast for 2 days at that! This is the start of a whole new life for me.

I have proven to myself that I have self control, that I am in control of what I eat and that I am in control of who I am going to be. This is the first time that I've ever felt that I am in control of my future.

After a day of fasting that empty feeling and the pain that went with it went away. That hollowness that used to bring unbearable pain and failure then becomes a feel of purity and a feeling of peace and a feeling of power and pride and achievement.

I love the feeling of being hungry. I love the feeling of starving. It reminds me that I am doing something that will bring me closer to my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment