Tuesday, January 18, 2011

unlocking my wardrobe one dress at a time

It's hot, humid and sticky, in general it's pretty gross where I am. The heat of summer coupled with cyclones is seriously no fun. Nor is driving around in a cyclone in my little hatchback, feeling it sway from side to side. I haven't slept more than 3 hours per night for the past 5 nights at the very least and I haven't had a decent night's sleep (that's more than 6 hours for me) since the New Year. I'm pretty tired and so to stay motivated to exercise while I'm tired, sleepy, hot, humid, sticky and hungry is not easy. Now, at the end of a short work out I feel like I'm going to collapse.

Still, life isn't all doom and gloom right now. Prof CNM told me yesterday that he was very pleased with the work that I'd been doing so far. I was deliriously happy (yes, my life is that sad), I'd had no idea how he felt about me, as far as I knew he was secretly thinking that I was some useless tosser! So at least work is going okay at the moment.

For some reason the weight loss is going much slower than the rate at which I'm going down dress sizes. Not that I'm complaining about this, I'd rather have this than nothing at all, don't get me wrong, but the thing is, my scales don't say I've lost weight yet I continue to keep fitting clothes that were too small for me.

My wardrobe is possibly one of the most important things in my life and for such a long time I've not been able to wear what I like because I've not fit into my clothes or I've had to buy new, larger clothes to hide my growing weight. Now that I'm dropping weight again I can actually wear quite a lot of the stuff I used to be able to wear. I'm still quite a long way from fitting into the stuff I could wear when I was my lowest weight, and it just shows me how much I didn't appreciate how small I was when I was that weight. When I get to my goal weight of 49kg I will celebrate with a new dress! More incentive, I always want a new dress!

Short today, I've got to drive to another city this after and back, all in the name of moving out of home! (Even if it's only for 10 months, it's still awesome)

No comments:

Post a Comment